As per the most recent update to Governor Cuomo’s Executive Order 202.6 which directs all non-essential businesses to reduce the in-person workforce at any location by 100% by March 22, 2020, the following changes have been made with respect Town and Village of Clayton operations to be effective immediately and until further notice:
• The Town of Clayton administrative offices at 405 Riverside Drive, Clayton are closed. Office staff may bereached by email or by phone; contact information is available on the Town’s website at www.townofclayton.com. This includes the Town Clerk; Assessor; Zoning & Planning and Code Enforcement. If you have critical or time-sensitive business, please call or email to make arrangements.
• The Town’s Highway Department is closed. If you need to speak to someone regarding a highway issue, please phone Town Highway Superintendent Steve Dorr at 315-778-4169.
• The Town’s Building and Grounds Department at Cerow Recreation Park is closed. If you need to speak with someone regarding a buildings and grounds or arena issue, please phone the Recreation Supervisor James Jones at 315-399-7729.
• The Town of Clayton Transfer Site will remain open for regular hours at this time.
• The Village of Clayton administrative offices at 425 Mary Street, Clayton are closed. If you have a specific administrative question, please contact Mayor Zimmer at 315-777-7135 or email@example.com.
• The Village DPW is closed. If you have a DPW related question, please contact DPW Superintendent Terry Jones at 315-778-8238 or Foreman John Farmer at 315-882-6972.
• The Village Water/Sewer Department remains open. If you have a water/sewer specific question, please contact Water Quality Supervisor Megan Ervay at 607-857-7421.
• The Village Police Department continues to operate under its normal schedule.
• The Joint Town/Village of Clayton Court is closed. All matters are administratively adjourned until further notice. Upon resumption of the regular court sessions, defendants will be contacted by the court personnel at a future date. Should you have any questions, you may contact 315-671-4699.
• All board meetings and public hearings of the Planning Board, Zoning Board of Appeals, and Town Board and Village Board are canceled until further notice, except in instances where time constraints have been placed on an application through a court or other legal obligation. Those situations will be addressed on a case by- case basis and we will do our best to publish timely notice of meetings that will occur. These postponed meetings will be rescheduled as soon as it is deemed responsible to do so. If you have questions regarding postponed meetings, please check with the appropriate department as to schedule.
The Town and Village continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and will provide updates as they become available. If you have further questions, please contact Supervisor Peterson at 315-783-3569 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Mayor Zimmer at 315-777-7135 or email@example.com.