“Honor the Past, Challenge the Present, Create the Future”
Additional Health Resources Available At: Jefferson County Public Health
Water Bills due date will be extended to May 1st, with NO penalties.
A Public Hearing on the budget will be held by the app GoToMeeting on April 15th, 2020 at 5:30 p.m. to consider same before final adoption. Below is the information to join the meeting.
New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts:
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (571) 317-3112
Access Code: 867-351-573
Email Village Clerk: firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an electronic or hard copy of the Tentative Budget.
March 24, 2019: A Message from the Town Supervisor and Village Mayor: “Be prepared, not scared.”
This is an unsettling time for our community, as we are in a public health emergency due to the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Your elected leaders and public health officials are working around the clock to slow the spread of the virus and provide care to those who need it. It is important to remember that we need to be prepared, not scared. Heed the advice of public health experts who agree that the most effective way to “flatten the curve,” or slow the spread of the virus, is to practice social distancing. READ FULL MESSAGE HERE.
Town and Village of Clayton Announce Further Actions in the Face of COVID-19 Pandemic
As per the most recent update to Governor Cuomo’s Executive Order 202.6 which directs all non-essential businesses to reduce the in-person workforce at any location by 100% by March 22, 2020, the following changes have been made with respect Town and Village of Clayton operations to be effective immediately and until further notice:
• The Town of Clayton administrative offices at 405 Riverside Drive, Clayton are closed. Office staff may bereached by email or by phone; contact information is available on the Town’s website at www.townofclayton.com. This includes the Town Clerk; Assessor; Zoning & Planning and Code Enforcement. If you have critical or time-sensitive business, please call or email to make arrangements.
• The Town’s Highway Department is closed. If you need to speak to someone regarding a highway issue, please phone Town Highway Superintendent Steve Dorr at 315-778-4169.
• The Town’s Building and Grounds Department at Cerow Recreation Park is closed. If you need to speak with someone regarding a buildings and grounds or arena issue, please phone the Recreation Supervisor James Jones at 315-399-7729.
• The Town of Clayton Transfer Site will remain open for regular hours at this time.
• The Village of Clayton administrative offices at 425 Mary Street, Clayton are closed. If you have a specific administrative question, please contact Mayor Zimmer at 315-777-7135 or email@example.com.
• The Village DPW is closed. If you have a DPW related question, please contact DPW Superintendent Terry Jones at 315-778-8238 or Foreman John Farmer at 315-882-6972.
• The Village Water/Sewer Department remains open. If you have a water/sewer specific question, please contact Water Quality Supervisor Megan Ervay at 607-857-7421.
• The Village Police Department continues to operate under its normal schedule.
• The Joint Town/Village of Clayton Court is closed. All matters are administratively adjourned until further notice. Upon resumption of the regular court sessions, defendants will be contacted by the court personnel at a future date. Should you have any questions, you may contact 315-671-4699.
• All board meetings and public hearings of the Planning Board, Zoning Board of Appeals, and Town Board and Village Board are canceled until further notice, except in instances where time constraints have been placed on an application through a court or other legal obligation. Those situations will be addressed on a case by- case basis and we will do our best to publish timely notice of meetings that will occur. These postponed meetings will be rescheduled as soon as it is deemed responsible to do so. If you have questions regarding postponed meetings, please check with the appropriate department as to schedule.
The Town and Village continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and will provide updates as they become available. If you have further questions, please contact Supervisor Peterson at 315-783-3569 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Mayor Zimmer at 315-777-7135 or email@example.com.
Due to the recent Coronavirus pandemic, this court will not be in regular session. All matters are administratively adjourned until further notice. Upon resumption of the regular court sessions, defendants will be cont acted by the court personnel at a future date. Should you have any questions, you may contact (315) 671-4699.
VILLAGE BOARD MEETINGS
Regular board meetings cancelled until further notice.
Village Board Meeting
Village of Clayton Municipal Building
425 Mary Street
Clayton, NY 13624
Regular Board Meetings are held at 5:30 p.m. on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of each month (unless otherwise noted).
The 2020 meeting schedule is available here: MEETING SCHEDULE 2019-2020
Copies of the meeting agenda are available at the Village Office on the day of the meeting.
INTERNET MAPPING: DANC GIS Application
VILLAGE LAWS: General Code Publishers (Village of Clayton Code) The link to the left will take you to the Village’s on-line Code Book, which contains up-to-date Village laws, including Water and Sewer Use Laws and Zoning. The Village Code is updated through General Code Publishers. A Zoning Reference Map showing the various zoning districts is available on the FAQ page of this website.