We have received new rules with regard to outdoor tennis courts. It is at the option of each municipality whether to allow use of the outdoor tennis courts for their public parks in accordance with the rules.
In consultation with park staff and municipal counsel, the tennis courts at Cerow Recreation Park and Wooden Park have been re-opened for use under the following rules:
• Only singles play is permitted, except doubles may be permitted for families living in the same residence.
• Social distancing must be observed and maintained at all times
• Use of face masks are required when appropriate social distancing cannot be maintained.
• Masks should be worn when entering or leaving the courts or when passing by others entering or leaving the court or park. This is similar to making sure you have a mask on when you are passing people on a street or on a trail and you cannot maintain proper social distance.
• Congregation of groups is not permitted, and no means of congregation will be made available.
• All buildings including bathrooms shall remain closed.
• Chairs and benches are off limits.
This new relaxed guidance only pertains to outdoor tennis courts. They do not pertain to paddle courts or basketball courts which are closed, in compliance with the rules.
The Town is under the obligation to ensure that the rules are being observed. We ask all please observe the NYS and County rules, so that it does not become necessary to close the tennis courts.
For any questions please e-mail:
• For Cerow Recreation Park: email@example.com
• For Wooden Park: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is important during this national emergency that we unite as a community, follow the advice of experts, and take responsibility for our actions to #SlowTheSpread of coronavirus. For more information, visit coronavirus.health.ny.gov or call the NYS Novel Coronavirus Hotline at 1-888-364-3065.